Pre-Teens must dress as listed below.
(a) Black or dark blue color only
(b) High waist optional
(c) Underfoot strap optional
(d) Satin stripes are allowed.
(a) Plain white or black long sleeved collared shirt only (no wing collars)
(b) No pleats or ribbing
(c) Sleeves to be worn at wrist length
(3) Black or dark blue vests are allowed, but sweaters and jackets are not allowed.
(4) Tie – Black color only, may be either straight or bow
(5) Socks – Black or dark blue color only
(6) Shoes- Heel height not to exceed 1.5 inches (must be black)
(7) Materials – Fabrics must be plain, ie: cotton, polyester, cotton/polyester blend, wool blend
(a) No satin or shiny fabrics
(b) No rhinestones, glitter, metallic thread, patterns or sequins allowed
(c) Decorations – not allowed
(8) Makeup – Not allowed
(9) Hairstyle – Long hair must be worn in a pony tail
(1) Skirt with top or simple dress with attached under garment or leotard top with full skirt
(a) Plain or pleated with minimum 1 to maximum 3 half circles. One plain simple underskirt allowed which is no larger or longer than top layer, and is the same or similar color as the outer skirt
(b) No godets or extra panels may be inserted into the skirt.
(c) No uneven hem lines, frills, splits, openings, lace, or sequins.
(d) Length of skirt must not be shorter than 3 inches above the knee cap and no longer than 3 inches below the knee cap
(e) At least one of the layers of the skirt must be solid (not sheer).
(a) Necklines: Boat, high neck, v-neck, sweetheart, ‘peter pan’ collar, and regular collar are allowed. Edging or trim of any kind, including ribbon, satin, lace, sequins, etc, is not allowed on the neckline
(b) Belting, as well as gathering or shirring is permissible from the waist down for a maximum of two inches, provided it is part of the dress itself and not an accessory
(c) Edging or trim on the bodice is not allowed
(a) Long, short, elbow length, cap, puff. or sleeveless styles are allowed
(b) Cannot be replaced by trimmings, frills, or edging on the shoulder line
(c) No “finger loops” allowed
(a) Fabrics MUST be only one color throughout
(b) No glitter, metallic thread, or similar materials
(c) No use of feathers, fringes, bows, belts, frills or sequins
(d) No flesh color fabric
(e) Any use of color coordinated ‘see through’ fabric must be lined from waist to shoulder; for use on arms no lining is needed
(f) Lace (or similar fabric) is not allowed. Lycra, spandex, polyester, velvet, satin or jersey is encouraged.
(6) Shoes and Socks
(a) Shoes – Heel height not to exceed 1.5 inches, and must be block heel style if a dance shoe. If the shoe comes with rhinestones on the buckle then they are allowed. If the shoe comes with glitter on the shoe then it is allowed.
(b) Socks: White ankle socks (may have a small amount of lace), flesh colored pantyhose, or light pink or white tights must be worn.
(c) No Fishnet Tights
(7) Accessories, jewelry, and makeup
(a) No use of arm bands, chokers or headbands
(b) No decoration is allowed on dress or in hair
(c) No jewelry is allowed, other than one small earring in each ear
(d) No makeup allowed
(e) Use of fake eyelashes, fake fingernails, colored or glitter hair spray is forbidden c. For pre-teen one-dance or two-dance events, competition organizers may require that the shirts/tops be white and the trousers/skirts be black.
JUNIOR, YOUTH & ADULT
1. Definition of “Syllabus Dress”.
a. Gentlemen. Ballroom and Smooth Divisions: Dress pants, plain shirt and tie, and optional cummerbund or vest or black sweater or tuxedo. No tail suits. Latin and Rhythm Divisions:
Dress pants, plain or ruffled shirt, optional tie and or vest.
b. Ladies. Ballroom and Smooth Divisions: Cocktail dress without excessive adornment. No ball gowns. Latin and Rhythm Divisions: Leotards and wrap skirts or party/cocktail dresses without excessive adornment.
2. Definition of “Open Amateur Dress”.
a. Gentlemen. Ballroom and Smooth Divisions: Tailsuits. Latin and Rhythm Divisions: Latin costumes.
b. Ladies. Ballroom and Smooth Divisions: Ball gowns. Latin and Rhythm Divisions: Latin costumes.
3. For “Syllabus” competitions competitors must wear “Syllabus” Dress.
4. For “Novice” competitions competitors may wear either “Syllabus” or “Open Amateur” dress. The competition organizer may stipulate one or the other for this category.
5. For “Pre-Championship” and “Open Amateur” competitions competitors should wear “Championship” costumes.
6. Competition organizers may establish alternative dress and/or costume guidelines if they desire for Juniors, Youths or Adults